Still Nursing

So I've been nursing my little lady for 13 months my goal was a year. There has been moments of "oh this is wonderful" 
To " I am going to get rid of my boobs"! Overall I am glad I've nursed this long and still am going strong!  Let's look at the pros and cons of this very challenging yet rewarding journey I've been on.

Pros:

• being the only one who can feed that brand new little baby!  Haha I don't have to share and let you rub all your germs all over my small baby. Keep you tiny little Germs from contaminating my small human.

•I need a break from visiting... Oh the babies hungry I'll be right back.
20 minuets later the baby is sleeping and I've been laying in bed watching YouTube for the last 15 minuets. 

• I love the idea of not spending money on formula and bottles. Milk on tap.... My milk shake brings all the babies to the yard(or my lap)

Cons:

• Okay so maybe it's not all it's cracked up to be to not have anyone else be able to feed the baby... Major problem * in the bath-- baby cries and oh yeah I am the only one who can deal with little miss squawky pants* 

•  supper is ready?! Wahoo I'm famished!!!! *waaahh wahhhhh* 20 minuets later--- supper is cold my family is fed.  Lucky me I get to eat alone and a cold meal. 

• SLEEP? I think this comes with any bottle or breastfed baby... WHAT IS SLEEP?  Getting up to feed the baby in the night can be utterly torturous. I am so tired of being tired. Little missy doesn't seem bothered by it.


At the end of the day I could continuously  talk about my qualms with nursing these last 13 months. My darling daughter is healthy, happy and growing. So pros and or cons life is constantly changing and she doesn't get up 5 times anymore and I get to enjoy her wanting snuggles. Overall I wouldn't change any of this last 13 months because it was worth it.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 13 months! I was a couple weeks into nursing Mack when I found myself dreading the coming year. Thankfully, it's gotten a lot easier ever since. I do love the you-tube time as well. :)

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rather glad that I'm not the only one hahah! I feel like it was well worth it

      Delete

Showing the notes