Rural life as a WANNA be single mom.

NO I DONT WANT TO BE A SINGLE MOM. As my life is right now I am playing the role 5 days at a time. I have been so busy I haven't had time to be saddened by the fact that my darling husband is away.  Day 1: first day of kindergarten and it was kinda nice to have him go on an adventure... He came home and was horribly tired(being good all day is exhausting)! Went to grandma and papas for tacos! The kids love WANNA be Mexican food. To top this day off my wonderful sister in law offered to come help me get N to school. Well in all reality I was overjoyed to only have to bring N to school not all 3 tiny melicious humans. I swear they plot ways to make me crazy and to make everything a tad more challenging. Any ways N wanted Aunty to take him to school. I quickly explained that mommy had to go to the school so I could fill out forms. He then said "maybe Aunty can pick me up from school?!" I said "I'll ask her when I get home" well obviously she was busy and I picked him up-to his dismay. We walked home and when we walked in the door all he said to me was "why didn't Aunty pick me up?" I proceeded to tell him that Aunty was busy. When it was time for supper at grandma and papa he went straight to where Aunty was and said " why didn't you pick me up from school." In a matter of fact/you disappoint me tone. I don't know what she said but we sure did giggle about how he was soo unimpressed.

Day 2:  we started play school and N stayed home that day!  A was so excited and had a glorious day! He said they sang songs and had a snack!  We invited grandma and papa over for supper. Spaghetti it was really the only thing I had everything for. It was good and everyone enjoyed themselves. HIGHLIGHT OF MY DAY WAS NOT HAVING TO DO BED TIME ALL ALONE!!!!

Day 3: N had school again. He isn't as enthusiastic about school.... It may have to do with the extreme cold!-40 almost everyday...I am TIRED OF WINTER.

Day 4: well the weather was severely disappointing. SUPER COLD AND BLUSTERY!!! We had play school in the am with A and he was gone for 2 hrs. We played and chilled watching movies. It has been utterly chill with the lack of socialization I am getting with other grown ups.  We were invited again for supper at the in laws and it was sooo good!!!!!!! The kids ate and played. The roads were very gross and getting lots of snow drifts. One of my most anxiety triggers is driving in less that disirable conditions... That was last night so my father in law picks us up.(I am a big chicken! Haha suckers!

Day 5: TODAY is utterly the hardest yet. I know husband is coming home today and I can not wait to see him. Yes I have things to do like make supper, do laundry and workout but all I want to do is to give him a giant hug... I know we chose this. We chose to be appart for a while so we could take the steps to achieve the life we want but it's still terribly difficult. 

I GET MY FRIDGE TONIGHT WOOOOHOOOOOOO. Bar fridge held a few things but I sure missed having tons of fruits and veggies!
GET HOME!!! I miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Showing the notes